Friday, July 6, 2012

Lost a good portion of my new stockpile!

Last Friday night we had a BIG storm come through the D.C. area.  We ended up loosing power around 10pm that night and didn't get it back until a couple days ago.  Since we have only been in our house a month we haven't had time to prepare from something like this happening.  We stayed with my brother until the power was restored.

Some of our new neighbors (who have generators) were kind enough to take some of our frozen meat and put it in their freezers.  Everything else was lost!  I had just done 2 big shopping trips to Harris Teeter and Shoppers when they did their Super Double coupon events (up to $2 and $1.99 respectively).  So I had made a nice dent in my cold stockpile inventory.

So I'm starting over with a completely empty fridge and a somewhat empty freezer.  We need to eat NOW so I can't wait any longer to grocery shop but I am planning a big trip tomorrow and everything on my list I have a coupon for.

I still plan on saving a significant amount of money.  How?  I did it the old fashioned way.  I made my list, searched high and low for a matching coupons and stocked my binder.  Even though I won't be getting everything at rock bottom stockpile prices I will still save on everything I buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment